home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Thursday, January 07, 2016

Beans and Peaches

Tonight's dinner is the cheapest yet.  Beans!

I think I spent less than 2 dollars on the beans we cooked up tonight.  I keep dry beans on hand all the time.  They make for a fairly quick, filling meal.
I got this recipe for my friend's blog.  You can get the recipe here.
I have been making it for several years now.  It is so simple and so good.  All my kids like it and eat it up.  It has no meat in it.  It can be added if you want but it isn't required.  We pair the beans with fresh bread or corn bread to complete the protein.  We also had home bottled peaches for desert.  We haven't had them for so long.  It was a great year for peaches in Missouri this year.  We were lucky and got more than 60 quarts bottled up.

They are a real treat.


3 comments:

Marylois said...

As you know beans are a staple at my house. They were the one thing my pickiest eater would eat. I make a huge pot once a week and he would eat the leftovers for the rest of the week. When ever the family is together we always have one meat of beans.

-blessed holy socks said...

Yummmm... Wanna kook4me?
That looks skkkrumptious, dear.

Carla said...

Beans are yummy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...