home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Friday, September 11, 2009

Tatting

I found a new obsession.
(Like I need one!)
Tatting
I picked up a tatting needle several years ago and have meant to give it a try, well now I have. My good friend Robbie at Bittersweet Quilt Store showed me how to use it again. It was addicting.
After looking at a couple of tutorials on the net I figured out how to do some of the basics. It was a lot of fun and didn't take too long. I thought I would pass along the links and let you get obsessed if you choose. hee hee Sorry!
Here is the tutorial I used. Actually she has a written tute and a video tute of the same thing. Watching, reading, doing and watching again really helped. It really wasn't hard once you the the rhythm down. You have to check out her Etsy shop.
Here is a link to a place you can get supplies. The needles are hard to find.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lucy! Your tatted motif is lovely! I am a tat-o-holic, myself so welcome to "the club", LOL! Feel free to come over to my blog any time it's all about the tatting over there. :)
I look forward to seeing more of your tatting. I found you via my "Google Alerts". I have one set for "Tatting" and your blog post link was email to me so that's how I found you, cool huh!?

~TattingChic ♥

Marylois said...

Good job, Lucy. I think they are called tatting shuttles though ;~). I learned some of the basics when I was 18 or 19 but it never took with me. Maybe I should try it again. Tatting is such pretty lace.

Lucy said...

There are actually two kinds of tatting, Shuttle and Needle. I am not brave enough to attempt the shuttle. The needle is proving to be very easy though. I just need a set of needles now so I can try all the different sizes and threads.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun to me!!

Tatskool said...

Hi Lucy, pop over to my blog to, I am another tataholic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...