home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Fall Doll Quilt DONE!

I am so happy to say that this is done!
Front

I was so excited at first. Then I was overwhelmed with coming up with an idea. Then I had a hard time choosing from all the ideas I found. Next I was seriously concerned about my ability. Scary. I saw what the other quilter's were doing and realized I just might be out of my league.
Finally I was pressed for time with all the demands of a busy household and multiple, self-inflicted deadlines.
All in all though, I have to say that I loved doing it and am so happy that I am done!
I can't wait until the next one is announced.

Here is the back.
Back
My dear friend, Vea quilted it for me while I visited with her. She did a really great job.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

o my how beautiful!!!

futuregirl said...

First: This is an amazing quilt! I love the idea (leaves floating on water) and your execution is perfect. The change of perspective from the straight-on of the bottom leaf to the side-view of the top leaf creates a sense of movement in the water. You picked perfect fabrics for the ripple rings.

Second: This quilt is more imaginative, well executed, and interesting that any painting I've seen hanging in the art galleries in Philadelphia. You are truly an artist.

Jeanne said...

Ok Lucy Now I want one!!!

Lucy said...

Thank you! My face is red now! I am so glad you like it. That means a lot! I can't wait for the winter swap now. (I also can't wait to see what I get.)

greetingarts said...

Fantastic, Lucy, it's just beautiful. Love the colors, the design, the execution. Great job, you needn't have worried in the least!

Lucy said...

Hey, you can't tell me that worrying won't work. Everything I worry about turns out just fine. :o)

Jennifer said...

This is just gorgeous!

Emily Cole said...

WOW, it's really beautiful, great work! I love it! Em

GlowWorm said...

Lucy, it is gorgeous, and the picture you took in the sunlight really is amazing. *I'm not worthy* repeat three times.

Stephanie D said...

Absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to see what you do for winter!

angeliclenore said...

Shawn & I always say, you have to fret so that it works out ok. You must have fretted TONS because this is gorgeous!! And right now, I am giving you a standing ovation! You deserve it! Great job!

zakkalife said...

lovely quilt

you've been tagged on my blog

you don't have to play if you don't want to, I won't be offended

jessica

Chase Clark said...

Oh my gosh that is so beautiful! I just love images of leaves on water, and they're even better on a quilt! Looks like so much work, you're very talented!

cityquilter grace said...

lucy, i loove your doll quilt for the swap; you should receive yours today or tomorrow at the latest; please post a photo as i do not have a digital camera....love your hair too!

cityquilter grace

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...